Suitcase with Summer Memories
"Bring some summer vibes into your home with this sunny DIY project. Fill the suitcase with a few of your favorite items that remind you of summer. You can use souvenirs of past vacations, a straw hat, seashells and postcards. Would you like to know how to make this eye-catching creation? Use some of your own knick-knacks, postcards and souvenirs to make the suitcase more personal.Just follow the steps below and create your own craft."
- Paper mache set of 3 suitcases
- Straw hat outer dimension 18 cm.
- Glas tubes x3 doorzichtig Ø3x20cm
- Potje glas bloem 190ml
- Burlap cord natural 2mm x 100m
- Vaessen Creative satijnlint dubbel 9mm 10m lichtblauw
- Macrame cotton line cord 10m 4mm
- Creative elements handmade paper symphony flowers x8 blue
- FolkArt • Home Decor Chalk turkish tile 236ml
- American Crafts DCWV 30,5x30,5cm x36 world maps
Paint the suitcase inside and out.
Stick a ribbon around the straw hat and glue a flower where the ribbon crosses.
Draw a circle on the scrapbook paper using the circumference of the embroidery ring. Cut the circle out a bit larger, so that the paper can easily be stretched over the ring.
Spray a little water on the paper to make it more flexible and fix it into the embroidery ring.
Punch out a nice text or quote and stick it onto the paper in the embroidery ring. Please note: don’t stick on the letters until the paper is dry.
Cut out various text cards and ink the edges with Distress Ink from Ranger.
Stick the cards inside the lid of the suitcase.
Wind jute string around the glass tube and fill it with shells.
Fashion a coil of rope for decoration.
Glue a clothespin to the back of the lid, so that the suitcase stays open.
Use some of your own knick-knacks, postcards and souvenirs to make the suitcase more personal.