Quilt Strip Accent Rug
This quick and easy quilt project from Sulky of America creates an accent rug with strips of coordinating fabric. You will need 7 coordinating fabrics for this fun quilt project. This accent rug would make a great holiday gift.
All strips are cut across the fabric, selvage to selvage, assuming 42" of usable fabric. Cut off all selvages.
- 1/2 yd. each of 7 coordinating fabrics
- 1/2 yd. for binding
- Batting - at least 21" x 54"
- Sulky KK 2000 Temporary Spray Adhesive
- Machine Needle - 14/90 Topstitch
- Rug grip material for use under the rug to prevent slipping
- General Sewing Supplies
- Cut (6) 2-1/2" strips from each of the 7 fabrics
- Cut these strips in half so each measures 2-1/2" x 21" long
- Cut (21) 2-1/2" x 21" strips of batting
- Make a beginning sandwich by layering (spray KK 2000 between layers) one of your fabrics as follows:
C. Fabric (right side down)
A. Fabric (right side up)
- With right sides together, layer (spray KK 2000 between layers);
- The next strip - right side up
- The beginning sandwich on top of the first strip
- Another strip - right side down, facing the beginning sandwich
- A strip of batting - on top
- Using a 1/4" seam, sew along one long edge; flip the strips over so they are both right side out with the batting sandwiched between as illustrated.
- Continue adding strips until the rug is the length desired.
- Add the binding.
- Place rug grip material under the rug to prevent slipping when in use.
Read NextBe My Valentine Quilt Pattern