4th of July Road Strip Quilt Design
This 4th of July quilt is a great way to learn how to strip quilt. Combine five red, white, and blue fabrics into a patriotic quilt from Benita Skinner of Victoriana Quilt Designs, use 1930s fabrics, or use up scraps from your stash.
Finished Block Size: 6" x 6"
A: Assorted blue and red fabrics: Cut a total of eight 1½" x 3" strips per block
B: Muslin or Solid Fabric: Cut a 2½" square and a 4½" square per block
- Rotary cut fabrics A + B for the number of blocks you need.
- Sew the coloured strips together into two sets of four, alternating the colours and the dark to light fabrics. Trim these two units to 2½" x 4½" each.
- Lay out the block, as illustrated.
- Sew the units together in numerical order, matching the seams.
- Sew four block together in the following arrangement to make larger blocks.
- Arrange larger blocks and add borders as desired; quilt below uses 48 6" block (12 larger blocks). Quilt as desired and bind.
Read NextLone Winter's Night Quilt