Bottle Cap Christmas Tag
With the help of a star and a scrapbook-covered bottle cap, create a gorgeous holiday tag for any Christmas gift. These cute tags also make fantastic Christmas ornaments.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Star, 4" x 1/2"
- Metallic Silver Leafing Pen
- Red/green scrapbook papers: stripes; square dots
- Green card stock
- "Tis the Season" bottle cap
- Red satin ribbon, 1/8" x 1/4 yd.
- Hole punches: 1/4"; 3/4"
- Craft knife
- Adhesives: craft-foam glue; embellishing glue; glue stick
- Optional: Paper trimmer
- Follow paint pen manufacturer's instructions to color edges of foam star; let dry completely.
- Trace star onto back of dot paper and cut out. Use craft-foam glue to adhere paper to front of foam star. Lightly color paper edges with paint pen; let dry.
- Use embellishing glue to adhere bottle cap to center of star; set aside to dry.
- Use compass to draw 5-1/2" circle onto card stock; cut out.
- Measure and cut one 6" long striped-paper strip in each of the following widths: 3/8"; 1/4"; 5/8". Use glue stick to adhere strips to circle; refer to photo for placement. Trim excess, following curved edges.
- Punch one 3/4" circle from striped paper; glue to card stock above largest strip. Punch 1/4" hole through center of 3/4" circle. Loop ribbon through punched hole; knot ends.
- Use craft-foam glue to adhere star to center of circle.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextHow to Wrap a Gift with Newspaper