Homemade Snowball Bath Bombs
This recipe for homemade bath bombs is just what your friends and family have been wanting for Christmas!
These Homemade Snowball Bath Bombs from Amy of Progressive Pioneer make clever, low-cost holiday gifts. They sizzle and dissolve in the bathtub, just like a Lush bath bomb, and they're a great way to make a bubble bath smell even more amazing!
Make this Christmas bath bomb recipe for that special someone in your life who enjoys the finer things. Gifts that are homemade are always more personal and more meaningful. Give gifts this year that your friends and family will remember for a lifetime.
- Epsom salts
- Spherical Mold or Bath Ball Mold
- Essential oil - Lavender, sweet orange, rose, cinnamon, peppermint, etc.
- Food coloring (optional) - Keep the snowy white look or add blue food coloring for an icy look if you like.
- For every cup of Epsom salts, add about a tablespoon of water, or a little more, to give it kind of a moldable, wet sand consistency.
- Pack it into some sort of spherical mold (craft stores usually have clear plastic ones designed to fill with Christmasy stuff for ornaments. Should be easy to find this time of year).
- You can also add a few drops of essential oil per cup of salts. I used lavender, but try sweet orange, rose, cinnamon... plenty of lovely options. You can add food coloring if you like, though I prefer the snowy white look.
- Remove from mold and let air dry for 2-3 days or speed up drying by placing in a 200 F oven for a few hours.
For other similar ideas, check out this The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide eBook.