No-Sew DIY Cat Toy
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "We have 3 kitties who love to play so I live to get them new toys. I thought the olyfun would be great because it wouldn't fray. I put catnip in it and added some string. It was a success because they love it!
My cats love the rat tail cord - and catnip is always a hit. The thinner the strips are the easier they are to knot. this is similar to a no sew blankets. The cats like the fringe too!"
Learning how to make cat toys is a great way to stay on-budget while still spoiling your favorite feline rotten. Plus, your kitty cat will love watching you make the toy before being allowed to bat it around. This No-Sew DIY Cat Toy is created out of Oly Fun fabric, but does not require any sewing. All you need to do to learn how to make cat toys in a flash is tie the fabric together, much like those popular no-sew fleece blankets. If you want to add added interest to this adorable DIY craft, you can fill it with cat nip to really get the kitty party started.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Project TypeMake a Project
- 2 12*12 sheets OlyFun
- Rattail Cord
Put the two pieces of Olyfun together.
Fold into quarters.
Cut out the corner - with a ruler measure in 4 inches from each direction.
Cut out the 4 inch square.
Use a ruler to measure 4 inches in so you can cut the fringe.
Cut the fringe in 1/2 inch width 4 inches long. Do on the two sides Cut through both layers of fabric at the same time.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mandala Flowers Scrubby/ Potholder
- Paper Mache Photo Frame
- Aranea Afghan
- Movie Night Gift Basket
- Toilet Paper Flower Blooms DIY
- Repurposed Vogue Magazine Necklace
- Bay Bridge Cowl
- Square Bottom Tote
- Free Summer Printable Lego Challenge
- How To Crochet A Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home