Dog Name Signboard
Give your favorite pooch a dog bone sign with his very own name. Hang above his dog house, dog bed or food bowls and the space is all his.
- Walnut Hollow® Dog Bone Signboard #27115
- Walnut Hollow® Designed for Her™ Creative Drill™ 26443
- Walnut Hollow® Designed for Her™ Creative Screwdriver™ #26449
- Walnut Hollow® Designed for Her™ Creative Hand Sander™ #26587
- Walnut Hollow® Creative Versa-Tool™ #23906
- Walnut Hollow® Laser Cut Wooden Alphabet #14300 Series
- 12 Screws (shorter than ¾”)
- 15” Chain Hanger
- Decorative Stamp or stencil
- Other Supplies: craft glue, flat brush, paper towel, pliers, spray varnish, tape
- To prepare signboard for painting, use Creative Hand Sander with fine sandpaper to sand entire surface. Wipe off dust with paper towel.
- Use flat brush to apply paint to entire surface. Let dry. Apply second coat if needed. When paint is thoroughly dry, use Creative Hand Sander to sand over painted surface to create an aged look.
- Use decorative stamp with coordinating paint to create design on front of Signboard. Let dry. (If using stencil, apply paint with stencil brush.)
- Use craft glue to attach letters to front of signboard.
- Attach Mini Flow Point to Creative Versa-Tool™ by screwing Point into tip of tool. Tighten with pliers. Secure stand to hard surface with tape. Place tool on stand. Plug into electric outlet. Turn switch “On”. Let heat for 4-5 minutes. Practice on scrap of wood to get a feel for the tool before beginning project. Create small dots by lightly pressing Mini Flow Point in a random pattern on each letter. Turn switch “Off”. Unplug tool. Apply 2-3 coats of spray varnish.
- Referring to photo for placement, use Creative Drill™ to drill 12 holes where screws will be inserted. Match drill bit to size of screw. Be careful not to drill through back of signboard.
- Use Creative Screwdriver™ to insert screws into pre-drilled holes. Attach chain hanger to first and last screws on upper row of screws.
Read NextPug Puppy Sweater