Modern Holiday Tree Centerpiece
Papier mache cones and ball ornaments combine in this modern holiday centerpiece set off with dazzling metallic colors.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO76 - Crystal Green
- DA261 - Festive Green --- NEW!!
- DA262 - Festive Red --- NEW!!
Dazzling Metallics Writers
- DAW71 - Gold
- 1" flat brush
- 3/8" and 1" round foam pouncers
- Water container
- Foam plate
- Gold tulle net
- Three papier mache cone tree shapes: 23" high; two 17.5" high (Hobby Lobby)
- Pearlized, metallic ball ornaments: two large red, two medium gold, one olive green
Preparation: Remove all tags before painting. If ornaments do not have wire hangers, attach one in order to hang ornaments as they dry.
- Use flat brush to basecoat large tree Festive Red. Basecoat small tree Crystal Green and remaining tree Festive Green. Let all dry.
- Use 1" pouncer to dot on Festive Red to Festive Green and Crystal Green trees. Dot on Festive Green to Festive Red tree with 1" pouncer. Let dry.
- Use Gold Dazzling Metallic Writer to paint spirals over dots on trees and let dry.
- Use 1" pouncer to dot Festive Red on green ornament and one gold ornament. Hang to dry.
- Use 1" pouncer to dot Festive Green on one red ornament and remaining gold ornament. Hang to dry.
- Use 1" pouncer to dot Crystal Green on remaining red ornament and hang to dry.
- Use 3/8" pouncer to dot Crystal Green on large Festive Red dots on gold ornament; hang to dry.
- Use 3/8" pouncer to dot Festive Red around large Festive Green dots on gold ornament. Hang to dry.
- Use Gold Writer to paint spirals over all large dots on ornaments. Hang to dry.
- Position trees as desired over fabric. (We used gold tulle net.) Place ornaments around tree bases with cap side down against surface to prevent rolling.
Silk poinsettias or holly can also be placed around trees.
Read NextTrees in Silver and Gold