Spring into Spring
Springtime is finally here so why not celebrate with hipster Gerbera Daisy cubes. The colorful pink silk flowers are sure to put a smile on your face and lighten up the room. You don't have to take care of them either.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cubes, 3", five
- Two sheets White card stock, 8"x8"
- Six sheetsBlack-and-white decorative papers, 8"x8"
- Bright green reindeer moss
- Foam flower stamps
- Black pigment ink pad
- Five hot pink silk gerbera daisies
- Craft knife with sharp blade
- Paper trimmer
- Wire cutters or craft snip
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Note: This design easily adapts to your own sense of style and you can substitute your choice of papers.
- Use black ink to stamp white paper with assorted foam flower images. To vary color intensity, first stamp image onto scrap paper or paper towel to remove some ink before stamping white paper.
- For each foam cube, use scissors or paper trimmer to cut six 3" squares from a variety of papers.
- Spread thin, even coat of glue onto one side of first foam cube. Adhere paper square, smoothing with fingers to ensure good contact. Repeat to cover all cubes with paper, varying patterns so cubes are look different; let dry.
- Use glue gun to glue moss to tops of cubes; trim excess with scissors.
- Trim daisy stems to various lengths, 5" to 6" long. Apply hot glue to stem ends and insert into center tops of cubes; let dry.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.