Contemporary Textured Canvas
Express yourself in texture and color with this contemporary canvas you can create with paintable textures.
DecoArt Products Required
Paintable Texture - Glass
- TX01 - Glass
Paintable Texture - Fine
- TX04 - Fine
Paintable Texture - Thick
- TX05 - Thick
Elegant Finish Metallics
- DA202 - Champagne Gold
- DA249 - Silver Sage
Elegant Finish Glazes
- DGM01 - Renaissance Brown
- DGM03 - Medieval Gold
- DAS175 - Texture Tools
- DT02 - Palette Knife
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Soft cloth
- Compass with pencil or chalk pencil and 7" round object
- 18" x 24" stretched canvas
1. Measure and trace or draw 7" circle slightly off center of canvas.
2. Use palette knife or flat side of Texture Tool to spread Texture Glass in 3 1/2" band around circle. Immediately use saw-tooth edge of Texture Tool to create pattern. (Refer to photo for pattern suggestion.) Let dry.
3. Use palette knife to fill circle with Texture Thick.
4. Use palette knife to spread Texture Fine on left side of canvas. Immediately use large wavy Texture Tool to make horizontal pattern.
5. Use palette knife to randomly apply Texture Fine on right side of canvas. Let dry.
6. Paint Texture Fine and Texture Thick areas with Silver Sage. Let dry.
7. Paint Texture Glass area Medieval Gold. Let dry.
8. Apply Renaissance Brown over left side of circle and Texture Glass area. Immediately wipe back with soft cloth.
9. Apply Champagne Gold over right side of circle and wipe back with soft cloth.
10. Let all dry.
Read NextChalkboard Wall Calendar