For All Seasons Birdhouse
It doesn't matter when you create a For All Seasons Birdhouse. This easy birdhouse craft will change the look of your indoor space. Grab your favorite paints and your most outlandish embellishments - the louder you make your birdhouse, the better. After all, your DIY design will never go out of style in your home.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Chipboard birdhouse
- Folkart Paint - vivid orange
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint - bright teal
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint - lectric lime
- Plaid Podgeable papers
- Mod Podge- Matte
- 3mm white pearl beads
- Ruffled white lace
- Tim Holtz fabric
- Plain pink paper
- Plain orange paper
- Black oriental paper
- Black marker
- White sheet music
- Pink acrylic paint
- Purple satin tape
- All-purpose glue
- Paint all the walls of the birdhouse in folk art orange paint and let dry. Using a black marker or sharpie draw brick lines. Paint the roof panels and the connecting tabs of the walls in black. Let dry.
- Decoupage Tim Hotlz alphabet fabric to the base on both sides. Seal with Mod Podge. Assemble the house. Glue small strips of music sheet at the front tab and ornamental paper to resemble windows on the side walls. Cover the peep hole with metallic paper. Seal the entire house with mod podge.
- Using tulip dimensional paint - bright teal and lectric line draw scrolls, creepers and leaves on the front left and left wall of the house.
- Cut out the tags dream and believe from the Plaid podgeable papers book and glue them to the front. cut leaf shapes from the paper (backside) and glue them.
- Draw a freehand bird shape on a gray sheet, cut out and glue. Draw dashed lines inside the circle with a black marker and color the front (half an inch) in black to resemble a shelf.
- Make small roses out of plain pink and orange sheets (edges inked with pink acrylic paint) and glue them to the creeper. Draw veins on the leaves with paint. Seal with Mod Podge.
- Glue white pearls inside the front frame. Glue ruffled white lace all around the base and below the roof to resemble an awning. . Make a small bow from purple ribbon and glue it to the base. Use another length of ribbon to display the birdhouse
Read NextAngel Wind Chime