Cute Snowman Icicle Ornament
With paints, modeling compounds and other STYROFOAM items you can turn these materials into a great Christmas ornament. These cheerful little snowman can hang on your tree or even be hung up on the wall or a doorknob.
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 1-1/2"
- Acrylic paints: black; green; orange; pink; red; white
- Fleece fabric scrap, 1" X 10"
- Ultra-light air-dry modeling compound,White
- 22-gauge Craft wire
- Red/green pom poms, 1/2", two
- Wooden toothpick
- Small round paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Straight pin
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Foam-safe glue or thick, white craft glue
Roll 1" ball of modeling compound to 1/8" thickness. Place foam ball in center and wrap compound around foam surface, removing air bubbles. Set aside.
Roll 2" ball of compound into elongated cone shape, about 5" long. Press cone base to compound-covered ball; let dry. Remove cone shape and glue to ball to secure.
Using photo as guide, use paintbrush handle to dot eyes and mouth black or other color of choice; use tip of straight pin to add white highlight dots to eyes. Paint round, pink cheeks. Dot snowman body black or other color of choice.
Paint toothpick orange; cut 1" from tip. Apply glue to end of nose and glue into face.
- Cut 2" length from wire and glue pom pom to each end. Bend wire to fit over top of head; glue pom poms to sides of head. Tie fleece scarf around snowman's neck.
Love this project? Check out 19 personalized ornament ideas for some great gift ideas.