Thread Spool Christmas Angel Ornament
Make easy Christmas ornament this season and get in the holiday spirit. These Thread Spool Christmas Angel Ornaments don't take long to put together, but the overall look and understated style will knock your socks off. Homemade Christmas ornaments are the best way to decorate a tree because they often become family heirlooms. While these ornaments aren't super flashy, they manage to make a huge impression. Best of all, these ornaments are so inexpensive to make, so you can save money for presents and holiday getaways.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Thread spools with wrappers intact
- Beads of various sizes – I used a thrift store necklace that I took apart with wire cutters
- Bead findings such as eye pins, wire, caps to create dangles
- Ornament hangers
- Fishing line
- Scissors & wire cutters
- Remove the label from the top and/or bottom of the thread spool.
- Create a dangle of beads (I cut apart a portion of the necklace) Using beads, eye pins etc.
- Thread a 10″ length of fishing line through the eye pin at the top of your dangle. Insert both ends of fishing line up through the thread spool.
- Insert fishing line through a large bead at the top of the spool.
- Add a medium size bead and then insert one end of the fishing line through a small seed bead. Tie a double knot, wrapping the fishing line around the outside of the seed bead.
- Tie fishing line around the bottom of an ornament hook and tie a double knot.
- Insert both ends of the fishing line back through the seed bead and tie a double knot, trim.
- Wrap a 10″ length of ribbon between the top of the spool and the large bead and tie a bow.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Ornaments"
Don't leave your tree looking sparse this Christmas season. Decorate it with beautiful Christmas ornaments like religious Christmas ornaments, hand painted Christmas ornaments, and fun Christmas ornaments.