Start a new Christmas tradition and make your own gingerbread man ornament with polymer clay, from AMACO.
- FIMO® Soft polymer clay — Sahara, Metallic White, Gold , Cherry Red, Tropical Green
- Fun Wire® — Clear/Copper, 26 gauge
- Seasonal Seed Bead/Bugle Mix
- Black Seed Beads
- AMACO® PolyBlade or Craft Knife
- AMACO® PolyRoller
- Needle Tool or Toothpick
- Clay Shaper
- Index card
- Divide an index card into four sections with pencil. Label sections: Head, Body, Legs, Arms. Slice off a section of Metallic White clay, condition and roll into a long thin log about 1/8" in diameter.
- Slice the block of Sahara in half to create two sections. Slice each of these sections in half again. Place one of the four sections onto the index card labeled head. Cut the remaining sections in half again. Place two sections onto the area labeled legs and three sections onto the area labeled body. Slice the remaining section in half and place onto the area labeled arms.
- BODY: Combine and condition all three sections together. Shape into a rounded triangle cone. Press bottom against flat surface.
- LEGS: Roll each section into tapered logs. Wrap “icing” (Metallic White logs) around bottom of feet. With thumb against thick end, press one leg to each side of body.
- ARMS: Roll each arm section into a tapered log. Round out the thick end with fingers to form a ball. Wrap “icing” around wrist. Press one arm to each side of body.
- HEAD: Press toothpick into neck area. Roll head into a ball and press over toothpick. Apply “icing” to head. Roll a 1/4" ball of Red and apply to center of face for nose. Create eye socket with clay shaper. Drop in black seed beads and shape eyes. Draw in smile with needle tool.
- HOLLY: Roll three small Red balls, place onto head where desired, and poke hole in each with toothpick. Flatten three 1/4" Green balls and shape into teardrops. Draw in vein marks with needle tool to create leaves. Press onto head.
- Poke holes into hands with toothpick for wire. Cut out a star from Gold clay with NuBlade. Poke hole through star to create a bead.
- BAKE at 265°F (130°C) for one hour. String beads onto copper wire. Press ends of wire into holes in hands.
Read NextAnimal Print Ornaments
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.