Fabric Tree Flare
Looking for sewing ideas for scraps of fabric? Make these Fabric Tree Flare ornaments from Heather Valentine! They look great on your tree and on your Christmas packages. Easy free sewing projects like this are just the thing for your Christmas decor this year.
- Fabric scraps (For this project it is best to use woven scraps. And if you press them ahead of time, it will make things easier.)
- Felt square
- 10″ ribbon
- Your felt square will be your backer. Place your 1st scrap face up (wrong side down). Line up your second scrap face down. The two scraps will be right sides together.
- Straight stitch in place. Turn the 2nd piece over and flat (use your fingers for “pressing”). Repeat the process until you have a large enough patchwork for your shape. This is now your mini quilt.
- If you would like to add a decorative stitch to your mini quilt, now is the time.
- Trace and cut out your shape.
- Fold your ribbon in half and insert at the top edge between the backer and scraps.
- Straight stitch all around to keep ribbon and fabric in place.
Read NextLeonara the Lion Ornament