Fabric Tree Flare
Looking for sewing ideas for scraps of fabric? Make these Fabric Tree Flare ornaments from Heather Valentine! They look great on your tree and on your Christmas packages. Easy free sewing projects like this are just the thing for your Christmas decor this year.
- Fabric scraps (For this project it is best to use woven scraps. And if you press them ahead of time, it will make things easier.)
- Felt square
- 10″ ribbon
- Your felt square will be your backer. Place your 1st scrap face up (wrong side down). Line up your second scrap face down. The two scraps will be right sides together.
- Straight stitch in place. Turn the 2nd piece over and flat (use your fingers for “pressing”). Repeat the process until you have a large enough patchwork for your shape. This is now your mini quilt.
- If you would like to add a decorative stitch to your mini quilt, now is the time.
- Trace and cut out your shape.
- Fold your ribbon in half and insert at the top edge between the backer and scraps.
- Straight stitch all around to keep ribbon and fabric in place.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Dec 16, 2012
I am a novice at quilting and am totally lost with #2. "Repeat process.....etc." Can you explain this in another way? I would really like to make these little trees. Thanks
Dec 17, 2012
What you need to do is continue sewing fabric pieces together with a straight stitch until you have a piece large enough to form the tree shape. Hope this helps:)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use