Antique Snowman Ornament
The great thing about this little Antique Snowman Ornament from Amanda Formaro is that he can add a festive cheer to your home all season long! Perfect for hanging on your tree or just adding some winter decor to your kitchen, this easy upcycled craft is "snow" fun!
- 2 aging (rusty) canning lids and rims
- Gesso or white paint
- Ivory or white fabric
- Mod Podge Antique Matte
- Orange fabric
- Paint: pink, black, dark brown
- Scruffy brush
- Antiquing medium
- Fine point Sharpie
- Floral foam
- Hot glue
- Burlap strip 1"x9"
- Hot glue gun
- Remove the lids from the bands. Paint the lids with Gesso or white paint.
- Trace around the lids onto the fabric and cut out circles. Mod Podge the circles onto the lids. Cut two noses from orange fabric and decoupage them onto the fabric circles. Allow to dry completely.
- Use scruffy brush dipped in pink paint, excess paint dabbed off on a paper towel, to add cheeks. Trim the excess fabric around the lid.
- Use the handle end of the brush dipped in black paint to add eyes and mouths. Let the paint dry completely then add another layer of decoupage.
- Mix antiquing medium with dark brown part in equal parts. Add a coat to the snowman face and wipe back with a clean cloth.
- Insert the lids into the bands. Cut pieces of floral foam to one-inch heights and hot glue inside one of the lids. This will ensure that the lids will not come loose from the bands. Glue the two bands together, making sure that the faces on each side are facing the same way.
- Glue twine around the center of the bands, tying in a knot at the top of the ornament.
- Starting at the knot of twine, glue the burlap strip around the band, covering the twine, except for the top where the knot is.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Ornaments"
Don't leave your tree looking sparse this Christmas season. Decorate it with beautiful Christmas ornaments like religious Christmas ornaments, hand painted Christmas ornaments, and fun Christmas ornaments.
There are no records