Easy Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
Creating Easy Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments with kids is fun and easy when you use any holiday cookie cutters you have on hand. Christmas ornament ideas don't get much more creative than this. Best of all, they smell great so your home will be filled with Christmas cheer. It'll be hard resisting the urge to eat these ornaments, but once you see how great they look on your tree, you'll want to display them instead. DIY Christmas ornaments often become keepsakes, so save this project for next year (and many more years to come).
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- 65000 White
- 65032 Leaf Green
- 65141 Bright Red
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- TR325 Crystal 4mm
- Ribbon, to Hang Ornaments
- Drinking Straw
- Measuring Spoons
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towels
- Measuring Cup
- Cookie Cutters
- Wire Rack
- Plastic Food Wrap
- Rolling Pin
- 1 cup cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup applesauce, drained
- 2 tbsp glue
- Combine cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Add applesauce and glue. Mix well with hands until mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Place wax paper down onto work surface.
- Roll one quarter of dough between two pieces of wax paper until about ¼” thick.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters, etc.
- Cut holes for hanging using straw or similar object.
- Dry on wire rack for several days, turning daily to keep from curling. Option - dry in a 250 degree F oven until hard.
- For stones, squeeze out a dot of Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint slightly smaller than size of stone. Place stone into paint and gently press so paint comes up and around stone.
- Refer to photo when decorating ornaments. Start flow of paint on a paper towel, applying an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Create polka dots or lines using different colors. Let dry completely.
- Cut ribbon to desired length. Run through hole and knot at end of ribbon.
Read NextHeart Felt Ornaments Tutorial