New Years Resolution Cards
If you plan to make a New Years resolution, crafts can help you stay on track. Write down your plans for the future and create your own New Years Resolution Cards from Lisa Fulmer. This project will help you make thoughtful, attainable goals for the future.
- Resolutions (written or printed from computer) on white cardstock
- Large piece of stiff cardboard
- White gesso
- Rubber stamps (one all-over pattern and one accent image)
- Ink pads
- Colored tissue papers or Unryu papers
- Decoupage medium
- Chisel-tip paint marker
- Embossing powder
- Heat gun
- Colored and white cardstock
- Corner rounder punch
- Fine line black ink pen
- Sequin waste
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Aleene’s Tape Runner
- Adhesive rhinestones
- Paper trimmer
- Exacto blade, ruler, cutting mat
Paint one side of cardboard with a coat of white gesso; allow to dry.
Stamp an all-over pattern in dark ink across the cardboard; allow to dry.
Tear up tissue/Unryu papers into small pieces and adhere over the stamped area in a random arrangement with decoupage medium, and also seal the papers on top as you work with the medium.
While the collaged cardboard is drying, decide on your resolutions – make them easy to achieve in a day or a week. Write or print them from your computer on white cardstock to fit in a 1″x 2″ area.
Trim out each resolution and round the corners with the punch.
Ink the edges of each resolution with a bright color ink pad and draw faux stitches like a border around the type with a fine-point pen.
Trim colored cardstock and sequin waste to 2.5″x3.5″ pieces and glue a piece of sequin waste to each piece of cardstock.
Glue a resolution on top of the sequin waste and allow to dry.
Use an exacto blade, ruler and cutting mat to trim the collaged cardboard into 2.5″x3.5″ cards. Color the edges with a paint marker.
Stamp an accent image on the front of each collaged card, sprinkle embossing powder on top, tap off excess, and apply heat gun until image is glossy.
Adhere a resolution card to the back of each collaged card with tape runner.
- After you draw a card each day or week, adhere a rhinestone inside one hole of the sequin waste if you actually do that resolution successfully. They’re the same size as an ATC, so you can swap with friends and inspire each other to try new resolutions!
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make New Year's Resolution Cards.
Read NextNew Year's Eve Centerpiece