Pastel Candy Dream Topiary Trees
This candy-covered, colorful topiary is fun and easy to make for both adults and children. Use pastel Jordan almonds to decorate this as a handmade centerpiece for a baby shower or handmade bridal shower favors.
See this project and more in 27 Topiary Craft Projects.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Cone, 6"
- Balls, two 3"
- Terra cotta pots, two 4"
- Pastel Jordan almonds
- Powdered sugar, 1 lb.
- Wooden dowel, 1/4" x 6"
- Acrylic craft paint: aquamarine blue, light green, pink
- Table knife
- Ribbon, 1/2" x 1 yd., pastel
- Painting sponge
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Insert and glue dowel in foam ball. Insert and glue remaining ball in one of the pots, trimming as needed to fit; top of ball should be slightly lower than rim of pot.
- Mix water, 1 teaspoon at a time, with 1 -1/2 cups powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Spread a thin layer of icing over cone and ball; let dry.
- Glue Jordan almonds on foam shapes, placing almonds as close together as possible. Let dry.
- Sponge paint pots; let dry.
- Insert and glue wooden dowel into pot with foam ball; glue almonds to top of pot, covering foam ball. Glue cone to top of remaining pot. To finish, tie bow around dowel on ball-shaped topiary and around rim of pot for cone-shaped topiary.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextEasy Diaper Trike
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.