Colorful Clay Focal Pendant
This Colorful Clay Focal Pendant from Jenny Barnett Rohrs for Consumer Crafts is a great addition to your jewelry collection. Made with polymer clay and a pendant you have at home, this custom pendant design can transform a blah outfit into a fabulous one! Mix and match colors to create unique designs for you and all your friends!
- Jill MacKay Swirl Pendant with Rhinestones
- 7mm Nickel Plated Jump Ring
- 2 Blocks of Sculpey Polymer Clay - One in White or Pearl and the Other in Orange (or any other color of your choice)
- Studio 71 Polymer Clay Press
- Polymer Clay Blade or Sharp Knife Dedicated to Polymer Clay
- Pin or Small Awl
- Slice ½ inch chunks from your blocks of clay. Condition the clay individually by kneading with your hands or running through the clay press 10-15 times.
- Using the clay press, roll your clays individually into sheets about 4 inches by 5 inches. Cut each at an angle as shown in the picture below.
- Gently “smoosh” together the pieces, then fold the clay from the bottom edge to kiss the top edge. The most important thing to remember is that light stays on light, and dark stays on dark.
- Using the clay press, again, run it through the rollers. Always feed it into the clay press at the fold. Then, folding bottom to top, repeat another 5 times.
- Keep folding bottom to top and running it through the machine until the colors blend and you get a smooth gradient. Make sure your finished clay sheet is at least 1/8” thick.
- Remove the jump ring from the pendant and discard. Lay your pendant on top of the clay sheet, and trim all the way around using a craft knife or tissue blade.
- Using a pin, poke a hole through the place where the jump ring attaches and go through the clay. Place your pendant on a tile or scrap piece of white cardstock and bake according to manufacturer’s directions. (HINT: Tent the piece with foil to avoid scorching.) Remove from oven and let cool completely. Add a 7mm jump ring and your piece is ready to wear on your favorite chain!