Hexagon Keepsake Box
Mother's Day paper crafts can make great gifts! Fill a Hexagon Keepsake Box from Candace Jedrowicz with important photos and pretty decorative embellishments and give it to your mom or any important woman in your life. It's an easy project but looks like a million bucks.
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Decorative paper – several sheets in coordinating colors preferably double sided
- Photos sized to fit
- Gems, small flowers and other ephemera
- Karen’s templates on Crafts-For-All-Seasons.com (scroll down a bit to find the PDFs)
- Print out Karen’s Templates. Cut them out.If you plan to make more than one, trace the templates on shrink plastic (or any flat plastic) and cut out. Trace onto your paper and cut out.
- Refer to the templates for fold lines and score them.
- The box lid has three sides that have three folds. Two folds create side flaps that will fit under the folded adjacent sides.
- Glue the inner and outer side flaps and slide them under the folded adjacent sides.
- Glue the centers of the three inner layers of the box.
- This is the fun part! Gather all your photos and decorations and have a ball!
- To put the lid on the box, gather up all the sides and carefully slide the lid on.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Hex Explosion Box.
Read NextPrintable Mother's Day Bookmarks