Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Chicken Wire Mannequin DIY Home Decor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create a Chicken Wire Mannequin DIY Home Decor for your bedroom or living room. If you're looking for unexpected DIY home decor projects, this is the project for you. The paper pattern skirt and jumbo rick rack jewelry are made from Simplicity Group products. Let this project inspire DIY decorating ideas - it's sure to spark your creativity. This unique piece can also function as a place to clip or hold magnetically, note papers, to-do lists and more. It's a great display piece for a home office or bedroom. This is also a great gift idea for a girly girl - make one for your daughter's bedroom or give it to a friend as a fun and unexpected housewarming gift.
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- MD Hobby and Craft galvanized chicken wire
- Simplicity paper pattern
- Wrights (Simplicity group) jumbo rick rack
Working with the wire is made safer and easier by wearing gloves.
Wearing safety gloves by MD Design, unroll a piece about 2 feet long of chicken wire.
Roll and bend wire into a tube. Secure ends of wires together by twisting ends and use pliers to secure neatly.
Bend and form a female figure with hips, a waist line and a bust line.
Flatten the bottom to create a base.
Pinch and criss cross top of tube to make a neck and shoulders. Cut away extra wire and close the top by securing all wire ends with pliers.
Cut a piece of patter paper approximately 8" by 30". Using a glue stick make pleats and secure them. Cinch at the waist and glue the side of the skirt shut.
Slip the skirt over the mannequin and tie a piece of jumbo rick rack around the waist. Secure the paper skirt and rick rack with some hot glue.
The choker is made with another piece of jumbo rick rack and a rose made with a long strip of pattern paper. The paper is twisted and rolled into a rose. The rose is glued onto the rick rack.
The choker/necklace is glued to the wire form with some hot glue.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 2020 Christmas Toilet Paper
- Salt Dough Houses
- Christmas Village Shadowbox
- Corrugated Cardboard Snowman Ornaments
- Roll Brim Tunisian Toque
- Easy Fringed Garter Stitch Scarf
- Encompass Cowl
- Easy Snowflake Coasters To Sew Free Template
- Cardboard Postage Stamp Ornaments
- Christmas Coloring Card
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home