Quick and Easy Candle Holder Update
Take a flat-surfaced candle holder and transform it by decoupaging paper and adding a few accents. This is a great trash-to-treasure project for flea-market finds or your own decorative items that no longer suit your style.
- Candle holder with flat sides
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Gold spray paint
- Scrapbook paper, 2 sheets – gold with design
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
- Cosmetic wedge
- Antique brass skeleton key
- Heavy duty jute
- Spray paint the rounded parts of the candle holder. Allow to dry.
- Cut sections of scrapbook paper to fit sides of candle holder.
- Adhere paper to candle holder using Mod Podge while smoothing out any air bubbles with your hands. Allow to dry.
- Use sandpaper to sand off excess paper until smooth; sand downward on one direction to prevent the paper from lifting or tearing.
- Use the cosmetic wedge and dab onto the distress ink pad, then distress the edges of paper until desired look is achieved.
- Seal with 2 coats of Mod Podge. Allow to dry between coats.
- Wrap the jute around the middle of the candle holder 3 times then tie on key leaving 1 ½" tails as shown. Allow project to dry for 24 hours before using.
Find this and 11 other great decoupage crafts in our FREE "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook.
Read NextBeautiful Flea Market Coffee Table