Breezy Pillowcase Curtain Tutorial
This Breezy Pillowcase Curtain Tutorial is a great way to learn the art of recycled crafts. The do-it-yourself curtain project will transform your favorite linen patterns into beautiful shades for your home. Diversify your home decorating by trying out this project. It's fun and affordable. Undoubtedly nobody else will be able to match the curtains that you have in your home. Put those pillowcases to good use and hang them up for everybody to see.
- 1 pillow case set per window (Make sure to measure your windows. Standard cases are 29", king cases are 39")
- Tension rod or other type of rod
- Curtain ring clips
- Ribbon, ric rac, beaded trim or other embellishment
- Seam ripper
- Gem-Tac or other permanent adhesive (You need this if you are using velvet ribbon)
NOTE: If you are using velvet ribbon you won't want to sew the ribbon down the middle. Instead use the permanent adhesive. If you like, you can also use it to adhere beaded trim. It is machine washable after about 24hrs.
Open side seam at the location of hem stitch line. Open just enough to slip in your embellishment.
Slip embellishment into space. Stitch closed.
Turn ribbon right side down. Place paper towel underneath it to protect fabric. Apply some adhesive and spread with toothpick or chopstick.
Turn ribbon adhesive side down and press lightly. It dries pretty quickly. Slip embellishment into opening on the other end and stitch closed.
Sew opening closed.
- Clip rings on spaced evenly. Pass rod through rings. Adjust rod to fit your window. Attach rod.
Read NextBeautiful Flea Market Coffee Table