Snowflake Coasters from Washers
If you're looking for DIY budget home decor, look no further than your tool box. You can recycle a bunch of old washers to make these beautiful, wintery home accents from I Love to Create. Snowflake coasters from washers make great Christmas party decorations on the cheap.
- Aleene's® Jewelry and Metal Glue™
- Aleene's® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™
- Metallic spray paint – desired color
- Assorted flat metal washers (3-4 different sizes make for a great visual variety)
- Paper towel
- Craft foam sheet
- Freezer paper
- Lay out freezer paper on work surface. Arrange washers in a desired design on freezer paper. You may want to draw the shape you desire on the freezer paper as a template. Works best in smaller sizes up to 8” in diameter.
- Use Aleene's® Jewelry & Metal Glue™ to adhere the touching edges of washers. Use paper towel to wipe off excess glue from top of washers. Let dry completely.
- Peel freezer paper from bottom of washers and spray paint with metallic spray paint. Let dry completely.
- Using pencil trace washers shape on craft foam sheet. Cut foam along traced line. Use Aleene’s® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™ to adhere foam piece to bottom. Let dry.
Read NextSnowflake Coasters from Washers