By: Margret Willson for Naturally Caron
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Maroma Wrap can be dressed up or down. It's formal enough to pair with a dress and heels, but comfy enough to curl up on the couch with on cold nights.
- Yarn: Naturally Caron.com Spa (75% Microdenier acrylic, 25% Bamboo; 3 oz/100 g, 251 yds/231 m ball) #0003 Soft Sunshine; 18 oz
- One pair each sizes US 6 and 8 (4 and 5 mm)
- Crochet hook size US – G/6 (4mm)
- Yarn needle
- Row counter
Wrap measures approximately 22"/56 cm wide by 68"/172 cm long
Gauge is not critical for this project.
In Lace pattern, using smaller needles, 20 sts and 29 rows = 4"/10 cm
dcd (double centered decrease): Slip 2 sts together,knitwise, to right-hand needle, k1, pass 2 slipped sts over (p2sso).
k2tog (right-slant decrease): Knit 2 sts together through the front loops.
sk2p (double left-slant decrease): Slip 1, k2tog, pass slipped st over knit st.
ssk (left-slant decrease): Slip 2 sts, one at a time KNITWISE to right-hand needle, return sts to left-hand needle in turned position and knit them together through the back loops.
yo (increase): With the yarn in the knit position, bring it to the front between the needles, [to the purl position], then carry it over the needle, ready to knit the next stitch.
Garter stitch (Garter st)
Lace Pattern (multiple of 8 sts + 1; 2 sts in Garter st each side = edge sts)
Row 1 (RS): K4, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, * k3, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, k4.
Row 2 and all WS rows: K2 (edge sts), purl across to last 2 sts, k2 (edge sts).
Row 3: K3, * k2tog, yo, k3, yo, ssk, k1; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 5: K2, k2tog, yo, k5, * yo, sk2p, yo, k5; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, yo, ssk, k2.
Rows 7 and 9: K2, ssk, yo, k5, * yo, dcd, yo, k5; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, yo, k2tog, k2.
Rows 11 and 17: K4, yo, ssk, k1, k2tog, yo, * k3, yo, ssk, k1, k2tog, yo; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, k4.
Rows 13 and 19: K5, yo, sk2p, yo, * k5, yo, sk2p, yo; repeat from * across to last 5 sts, k5.
Row 15: K3, * yo, ssk, k3, k2tog, yo, k1; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, k2.
Rows 21 and 23: K5, yo, dcd, yo, * k5, yo, dcd, yo; repeat from * across to last 5 sts, k5.
Rows 25 and 27: Repeat Rows 3 and 5.
Row 28: Repeat Row 2
Repeat Rows 1 – 28 for Lace patt.
Using larger needles, cast on 109 sts.
(WS) Begin Garter st; work even for 3 rows, end with a WS row.
Change to smaller needles and Lace patt; work even for 490 rows (work Rows 1 – 28 a total of 17 times, then Rows 1 – 14 once), end with a WS row.
(RS) Change to larger needles and Garter st; work even for 2 rows.
Bind off all sts loosely.
Rnd 1: Using crochet hook, join yarn with a slip st; sc evenly around entire edge of piece, working 3 sc in each corner, join with slip st in beg sc.
Rnd 2: * Work [sc, ch 3, sc) in next st, skip next st; repeat from * around, end join with a slip st in beg sc.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow