Lacy Satin Poncho
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a basic poncho from Bernat Yarns for all skill levels that implements lines of lacy knitting for a more elegant effect. It is perfect for all types of occasions, dress it up or dress it down!
- Bernat® Satin
- XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- (Solids: 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 4 (5-6) balls
- (Ombres: 80 g / 2.8 oz)
- 5 (7-8) balls
- Knitting needles: size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- ½ inch [1.5 cm] wide ribbon 50 ins [127 cm] long for Drawstring (optional).
- XS/M 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
- L/2XL 40-50 ins [101.5 -127 cm]
- 3/5XL 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
Finished length between neck edge and point
- XS/M 22 ins [56 cm]
- L/2XL 25 ins [63.5 cm]
- 3/5XL 30½ ins [77.5 cm]
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
INSTRUCTIONS (Make 2 pieces alike).
Cast on 62 (70-86) sts.
Knit 4 rows, noting that first row is WS.
Proceed as follows:
1st row: (WS). K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
2nd row: K2. *K2. yfwd. K2tog. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. yfwd. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 27 (29-33) ins [68.5 (73.5-84) cm], ending with WS facing for next row.
Knit 4 rows. Cast off.
Sew cast off edge of one piece to the side of other piece as shown in Diagram.
Ribbon Drawstring (optional): Starting at center front, thread ribbon along neck edge. Tie into a bow at center.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tea Light Snowman and Owl Christmas Ornaments
- Chubby Christmas Crochet Elf Patterns
- Handmade JOY Holiday Trio Ensemble
- Arctic Albatross Adult Coloring Page
- The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
- 14 Knit and Crochet Bun Hat Patterns
- How to Prevent Fabric Shrinkage
- Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
- Ripples of Joy Christmas Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Austin Cables Throw
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home