Do you have a superhero lover in your family? They'll love this creative stocking from I Love to Create, complete with their name in bright letters. This Christmas what's holding the presents will be just as cool as the presents themselves.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Felt, Stiff royal blue
- Sewing machine with blue thread
- Sewing pins
- Felt, Blue (2), Yellow, Orange, Green, Lime, Red
- Silver ribbon – 7/8” wide – 1½ yards
- Black yarn
- Pin two pieces of blue felt side by side, with side of one piece overlapping the side of other piece by about ½”. Sew together. Remove pins.
- Place this piece over stiff felt. Cut out boot pattern and tape together where indicated. Pin in place on layered felt and cut out. Remove pattern.
- Sew a scant ½” seam along edges, leaving top open. Use scissors to trim edges even, if needed.
- Cut out other pattern pieces and pin to felt, referring to pattern for color and number of pieces needed.
- Determine font and size of letters for name on computer then print out. Cut out each letter. Pin onto green felt and cut out.
- Cut silver ribbon to fit along top and toe of boot, adding about 1” to each end. Add a thin bead of Fabric Fusion™ to edges of ribbons then press in place. Let dry then flip over and glue ends to back.
- Position lime and red pieces in place on boot. Refer to photo. Add Fabric Fusion™ to back of each and press in place.
- Position green piece and orange star in appropriate places, then glue in place. Use black yarn to outline each piece. Refer to photo. Working in short sections at a time, add a thin bead of Fabric Fusion™ next to shape then press yarn into place. For edges of shapes that extend off boot (i.e. star) add Fabric Fusion™ to edge of shape then press yarn in place.
- Glue on lightening bolt and letters of name. Outline each with black yarn.
- Glue on red stars where shown.
- To create hanger, cut a 1” x 6” piece of red felt, fold in half and glue ends together, then glue ends inside opening. Let dry.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Christmas Kids Crafts"
Christmas Kids Crafts
Find Christmas crafts for kids including easy christmas crafts for children, crafty activities for kids at christmas, and family christmas crafts. Also find holiday crafts such as New Year's craft for kids and more.
There are no records