Do you have a superhero lover in your family? They'll love this creative stocking from I Love to Create, complete with their name in bright letters. This Christmas what's holding the presents will be just as cool as the presents themselves.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Felt, Stiff royal blue
- Sewing machine with blue thread
- Sewing pins
- Felt, Blue (2), Yellow, Orange, Green, Lime, Red
- Silver ribbon – 7/8” wide – 1½ yards
- Black yarn
- Pin two pieces of blue felt side by side, with side of one piece overlapping the side of other piece by about ½”. Sew together. Remove pins.
- Place this piece over stiff felt. Cut out boot pattern and tape together where indicated. Pin in place on layered felt and cut out. Remove pattern.
- Sew a scant ½” seam along edges, leaving top open. Use scissors to trim edges even, if needed.
- Cut out other pattern pieces and pin to felt, referring to pattern for color and number of pieces needed.
- Determine font and size of letters for name on computer then print out. Cut out each letter. Pin onto green felt and cut out.
- Cut silver ribbon to fit along top and toe of boot, adding about 1” to each end. Add a thin bead of Fabric Fusion™ to edges of ribbons then press in place. Let dry then flip over and glue ends to back.
- Position lime and red pieces in place on boot. Refer to photo. Add Fabric Fusion™ to back of each and press in place.
- Position green piece and orange star in appropriate places, then glue in place. Use black yarn to outline each piece. Refer to photo. Working in short sections at a time, add a thin bead of Fabric Fusion™ next to shape then press yarn into place. For edges of shapes that extend off boot (i.e. star) add Fabric Fusion™ to edge of shape then press yarn in place.
- Glue on lightening bolt and letters of name. Outline each with black yarn.
- Glue on red stars where shown.
- To create hanger, cut a 1” x 6” piece of red felt, fold in half and glue ends together, then glue ends inside opening. Let dry.
Read NextGrinch Mason Jar