Festive Ice Skate Ornaments
Make easy Christmas crafts using felt and paper clips. These festive Festive Ice Skate Ornaments are quick and easy gifts to make and will look great on your Christmas tree. Try this easy homemade Christmas craft with the kids. If you're looking for fun and easy Christmas crafts for kids, look no further than this seasonal delight. Grab a few sheets of felt so kids can experiment with different looks and colors. The uniqueness of each ornament will help them stand out on the Christmas tree. You'll definitely want to save these ornaments and display them every single year.
- Jumbo Paper Clip
- Craft Glue
- 36" of 1/8" Ribbon
- Safety Needle
- Small Single Hole Punch
- 9" X 12" Soft Felt Sheet
- Fiber Fill (optional)
- Sequins (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Pom Poms (optional)
- Using theSkate Template,cut out the skate from your 9" X 12" Soft Felt Sheet.
- Fold skate shape in half. Slide paper clip, open side into bottom of the skate, into the bottom fold.
- Glue the side edge's of the skate together. Do not glue all the way to the top. Leave about 3/4" open so you are able to fold down the top of your skate. TIP: Make sure to avoid gluing the paper clip.
- Place heavy object on the skate until dry.
- Punch holes with a small single hole punch on right side of skate where you have glued.
- Cut 12" of the ribbon. Thread your safety needle and start lacing your skate from the bottom of the toe and up to the top of the skate.
- Cut another 12" of ribbon and begin lacing your skate. Start at the toe using both ends of your ribbon (similar to lacing up your shoes).
- Double knot your ribbon at the top and tie into a bow. Use a small dot of glue to keep your bow in place.
- Fold down the top portion of the skate. Punch a single hole in the top left corner. This will be through four layers of felt.
- Push the remaining piece of ribbon through the hole for the hanger. Tie in a bow.
- You can use fiber fill to stuff your skate to add extra dimension to it.
- Embellish with glitter, sequins, or pom poms to personalize each different skate.
Read NextMini Pinecone Christmas Tree
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 14, 2016
These are too cute! Fun and quick project to do with my kids and their friends.
Jul 07, 2016
My eight year old grand daughter always has her own little tree in her room every Christmas. She loves decorating but can't put big items or many breakable a due to the cat. I showed her this and she asked if I would help her make some for her tree. Thanks for giving us some time together to be creative and probably silly.
Oct 19, 2011
Very neat idea and quick to make up for last minute gifts, pins, tags, etc.
Jul 02, 2011
Looks like you are a specialist on this because you just made it so easy to be with you, motivated me to learn more on the subject! I love this post very much. These easy steps posted in by you were surely of great help. Nice idea to make such cute ornaments. My kids definitely love this. Thnaks for the great stuff.
Oct 29, 2010
If you're looking for the boot template, click on the word 'Pattern' coloured green and located between 'Materials' and 'Steps' ...
Oct 27, 2010
Wheres the template for the skate?
Dec 03, 2009
I can't get the pattern to come up so I can copy it. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
Nov 27, 2009
This is such a cute idea, my granddaughters will love making them and hanging them on their very own Christmas tree....everything needed will be found in our craft box so there will be no shopping for these items...thank you!!!
Nov 23, 2009
Just wanted to comment on this craft....This is a great craft for kids and adults... great ornaments for the tree or use are gift tag and put name on the boot.....I have been doing teaching crafts for about 24 years and i enjoy seeing great crafts for the kids to learn. I see a lot of fun craft in here to make... keep up the good work
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use