Kids Animal Tail
If you're looking for a fun and creative way to sew dress up clothes, check out this Kids Animal Tail tutorial by Victoria Lavertu. By making this project, your child can explore his or her imagination and will be sure to tell a great "tail" about it!
- Dark, soft fabric (faux suede, fleece, flannel or felt can be used)
- Scrap piece of fleece
- Scrap piece of faux fur
- 1 bag polyfill
- Badge clip
- Draw out a long triangular shape with squared edges. Cut it out.
- Grab a scrap piece of fleece, whatever size you want your tassel end to be.
- If you have faux fur, you can skip this step and just sew the fur to end of your tail, but if you don't, you can use fleece. Make several small cuts all along your scrap piece.
- Lay the tassel inwards on the short end of your tail fabric.
- Fold the tail lengthwise in half, right side in. Pin your tassel in place so it's only sewn along the bottom. Sew really slow (or hand sew, depending on your machine) to get through all those layers.
- Pin the edges together and sew along the edges using about a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
- Flip it right side out and stuff with polyfill. I recommend you use a small bunch at a time and push it all the way down so you don't get a floppy end.
- Take a badge clip and fold in the ends of the open end. The badge clip will go in the center of that end, be sure it's between the two snaps so you're sewing through the plastic and not the metal snap.
- Pin in place and sew it shut.
Read NextCute Button Shirt to Skirt