Vintage Inspired Enamel Journal
Vintage craft ideas are a great way to celebrate the past while looking toward the future. Create a Vintage Inspired Enamel Journal from Heidi Borchers using an old school Aleene technique. This colorful piece will help you keep track of memories and thoughts.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Blank journal
- Cardboard – I use cereal box cardboard
- Acrylic paint – three colors of your choice
- Craft sticks
- Wax paper
- Optional: Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer – Gloss
- Remove cover from journal. Paint with acrylic paint. Cut cardboard to desired shapes and sizes.
- Pour three puddles of Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue on wax paper. Squeeze acrylic paint into each glue puddle.
- Stir together with craft stick.
- Place cardboard onto wax paper. Use craft stick to pick up background color and spread onto cardboard.
- Dip toothpick into next color and drizzle over base color. Repeat with each color.
- To create marbelized effect, use pin to draw through drizzled lines of paint. Set piece aside on clean piece of wax paper. Repeat to color each piece of cardboard. Let dry overnight. For a glossy finish, spray with Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer – Gloss. Glue onto journal cover in a mosaic pattern.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make The Look of Copper Enamel with Glue and Paint.
Read NextAnthro Leather DIY Journal