Grape Sorbet Bracelet and Earrings
This bracelet and earrings set from Katie Hacker uses purple glass beads for a stylish and fun jewelry project.
- Elasticity™ elastic bead cord, 1mm diameter
- Four 12mm tube silver-lined purple glass beads
- Twelve 8mm round faceted purple glass beads
- Eight 8mm silver spacers
- Eight 8mm silver bell caps
- G/S Hypo Cement glue
- Designer Scissors
- Adhesive tape
- Two 6mm purple glass bicone beads
- Two 8mm silver-lined purple glass beads
- Four 8mm silver bell caps
- Two 2" silver head pins
- Two silver ear wires
- Beadstorm™ Round Nose Pliers
- Cut a 9" length of 1mm Elasticity™. Place a piece of adhesive tape over one end to prevent the beads from sliding off. String beads as follows: 8mm purple, silver spacer, 8mm purple, silver spacer, 8mm purple, bell cap, 12mm purple, bell cap. Repeat the beading pattern four times.
- Remove the adhesive tape. Tie the ends in a square knot. Place a drop of glue on the knot; let it dry. Cut off any excess cord, then tuck the knot into the nearest large-hole bead.
- String beads as follows onto a head pin: bicone, bell cap, 8mm bead, bell cap. Use round nose pliers to make a loop above the top bead. Wrap the extra wire around the base of the loop. Attach the loop to the lower loop on an ear wire.
Tip: A half knot is the same knot that you make when tying your shoe. To make a square knot, tie two half knots in opposite directions, ie. right over left and left over right.