Luscious Lips Necklace
Use our bread dough recipe to make these adorable bread dough lips! You can use them to create a quirky, stylish Luscious Lips Necklace, perfect for adding some pizzazz to an otherwise subdued ensemble. This video tutorial is by Savannah Starr.
- Slice of bread
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Acrylic Paint
- Table spoon
- Plastic Cup
- Cold cream
- Non-Stick foil
- 5 craft sticks
- Plastic Ziploc bag
- Rolling pin or smooth jar
- 2 jump rings
- Necklace chain
- Aleene’s Gloss Finish Sealer
- 3D Lacquer
- Remove crust from one slice of bread. Tear bread into pieces into plastic cup. Add one tablespoon of Aleene’s Original Tacky glue to cup along with a dab of cold cream & the acrylic paint color of your choice. Mix all ingredients together in cup with craft stick until dough starts to form a ball. Add a dab of cold cream to your hands and scoop out the dough mixture. Knead for several minutes.
- When the dough is ready, all of the color should be mixed and the dough should be smooth. (Note: If any is still on your hands, keep kneading with hands.)Place dough into a zip top bag to protect it from the air.
- Take craft 4 craft sticks, 2 on each side and secure them to your work space with tape, approximately 6” to 7” apart (or size of rolling pin).
- Take the pattern and trace it on to a piece of non-stick foil.
- Take the foil with the pattern and place it in between the craft sticks.
- Place the dough on the pattern and simply flatten it to cover the pattern, as best you can.
- Take another piece of non-stick foil and place the non-stick side on top of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin or smooth jar begin to roll the dough.
- Take off the top piece of foil.
- Turn over the foil and dough so you can see the pattern.
- Carefully cut out along pattern lines with scissors.
- Take the remaining foil off and simply shape and smooth the edges with fingers.
- Take your stylus and begin to indent the center line of the lips.
- Let it dry overnight (it does tend to shrink about 15-20%).
- When dry, spray a coat of the Aleene’s Gloss Finish Sealer. Let it dry.
- For a glossy finish, apply a coat of the 3d Lacquer. Let it dry overnight.
- Drill holes on each side of the lips.
- Put jump rings through the holes and attach to a necklace chain.
Read NextNialaya Bracelet