Pumpkin Treat Holders
Try these simple Halloween crafts to have yourself a festive Halloween! You can turn simple crepe paper into pumpkin treat holders to pass out to trick-or-treaters with this homemade Halloween craft.
- Crepe paper sheets in orange
- Scotch Tape
- Floral Tape
- Chenille Stems (otherwise known as pipe cleaners)
- Filler- small toys and candy
- Optional: Card stock and leaf stencil or template
- Cut a piece of crepe paper that is about 5"x9".
- Roll the crepe paper in a tube.
- Gather up the bottom of the tube and tape the bottom closed with the scotch tape.
- Turn the pumpkin inside out so that the taped portion is on the inside. Be gentle...it is paper after all. Put a small piece of tape on the inside of the pumpkin to secure the two ends together.
- Fill with small toys and candy.
- With floral tape close up the top and snip off extra . Now your pumpkin has a stem.
- Wrap a chenille stem around the stem.
- And curl it around a pencil to make a vine.
- Optional: Using a stencil or template of your choice make a leaf, cut out and write the name of the recipient.