Totally Traditional Day of the Dead Cameo
Celebrate life Dia de los Muertos style with this Totally Traditional Day of the Dead Cameo. This Day of the Dead craft is a beautiful way to remember loved ones who have passed on. This skull cameo is nothing to be afraid of, so wear it as a treasure around your neck. Personalize this Totally Traditional Day of the Dead Cameo however you wish. Making this holiday into a personal one will give you a more memorable experience. You will enjoy with Day of the Dead cameo year after year.
Primary TechniqueJewelry Making
- Cardboard – a cereal box or something similar will work
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Die cutting machine
- Sizzix Frame and Flower die
- Black paint
- Inka Gold metallic paste – Copper
- Shrink plastic – white
- Martha Stewart Skull Punch
- Permanent markers – fuchsia, purple, blue, orange, lime green and black
- Polymer clay – a small amount of black
- Clear gloss sealer
- Use Sizzix Frame and Sculpted Flower die to cut 3 frame pieces from cardboard.
- Glue all 3 pieces together and allowed them to dry. Paint the cardboard with black acrylic paint and allow it to dry.
- Use your fingers to apply a thin layer of the copper paste so that some black shows through.
- Condition a small amount of black clay.
- Form the clay into an oval that fits inside of your frame and is big enough to put the sugar skull on.
- Bake the clay as directed.
- Cover the black backing with clear glossy sealer and set the skull in it.
- Add a bit more sealer on the skull.