Rockin Halloween Stones
Looking for some Halloween decorations to make with the family? Try these Rockin Halloween Stones! Painting a rock is easy and fun...and great for inspiring creativity!
- One big rock and a few smaller ones
- Craft paints: White, pumpkin orange, petunia purple, leaf green, honey brown, and black
- Saral transfer paper
- One extra fine brush (for details) and regular paintbrush
- Clear varnish (optional)
- Wash rocks well and base coat all rocks with white paint at least twice. Let it dry.
- Enlarge or reduce the pattern to fit your rocks. Following the manufacturer’s instructions to transfer pattern onto a rock using a pencil and saral transfer paper.
- Paint the large rock petunia purple. The smallest rocks are painted leaf green. Let dry. Paint ghost white, pumpkin orange, and the color for the pumpkins stem is honey brown. More than one coat may be necessary. Outline and add the ghost features with a fine brush and black paint.
- Note: Apply a coat of varnish if rocks will be placed outside to protect them from the elements.