Jack O Lantern Luminaries
It's no trick! These cute pumpkins light up the night to help everyone see their Halloween treats. Decorate with style with this projects from Krylon.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - Gray (#51318)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Black (#51601)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Pumpkin Orange (#52411)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Tuscan Sunset (#53535)
- Krylon Fluorescent Paint - Yellow-Orange (#3102)
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic - Clear (#1303)
- Votive candle (one per pumpkin)
- 19 gauge steel wire, darkened anneated (approx. 11/2 – 2 1/2 ft. per pumpkin)
- Sponges (slightly dampen before use)
- Paper plate
- Drop cloth
- Assorted clean metal cans (models made using 1 to 2 lb. coffee cans)
- Awl and wooden mallet
- One 1/2" flat brush
Fill can to 3/4" from top with water. Freeze.
Use marker to draw pumpkin face on can. Carefully punch holes along marked line, 1/8"– 1" apart, using awl and mallet. Punch two holes for handle at top. Thaw ice and remove from can. Wipe dry.
Spray inside and outside of can with Gray Primer. Let dry.
Spray inside of can with Gloss Black. Let dry.
Spray outside of can with desired orange base color. Let dry.
Spray a puddle of Fluorescent paint on paper plate. Sponge paint randomly over outside of can. Let dry.
Spray a puddle of Tuscan Sunset paint on paper plate. Sponge onto cheek area at corners of mouth. Let dry.
Spray a puddle of Gloss Black paint on paper plate. Use brush to apply paint to eyes, nose, and mouth. Let dry.
Spray two coats of Crystal Clear, allowing to dry between coats.
Cut a length of wire 6" to 8" longer than desired size. Create loops by coiling wire around pencil. Attach wire through handle holes. Wrap ends to secure; trim off excess wire.
- Place candle inside can and light.
Read Next42 Free Halloween Crochet Patterns