Fabric Pumpkin Decor
Your pumpkin doesn't have to stay plain or even be carved. You can add some fabric scraps to make your pumpkin a glamorous one. In nine steps you can have a whole presentation of pumpkins with this craft from I Love to Create.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion™ Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive™
Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- 26516 Lectric Lime
- 65018 Purple
- 65038 Black
- Aleene's® Fast Grab Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Fashion Designs™
- Go Green Frankenstein
- Candy Corn
- Fabric scraps – orange, lime, green, purple
- Small nail
- Ribbon – 1½” wide grosgrain – lime or desired color
- Paper towels
- Cardstock – assorted greens
- Real or faux pumpkins in assorted sizes
- Sewing pins with colored heads
- Pinking shears - optional
- Pressing cloth
- Chenille stems – green – one per pumpkin
Determine color of fabric for each design to be ironed onto, then iron fabric smooth. Fabric can be frayed if desired. Cut out basic shape then pull threads, leaving about a ¼” border on all sides and trimming as needed.
Remove backing sheet from Iron-On Fashion Design™ - they can be cut apart if needed to fit an area - then press design in place on fabric or ribbon. Cover with pressing cloth then iron following package instructions. Let cool then carefully remove plastic sheet.
Use scissors or pinking shears to trim edges close to design as shown.
Apply a thin bead of Fabric Fusion™ to edge on back of fabric and smooth with fingers. Position in place on backing fabric then lightly press to secure. Repeat step if another layer of fabric is desired.
Use pencil to lightly trace leaf pattern onto back of cardstock paper then cut out. Trace small inner leaf on green fabrics.
Use scissors to cut chenille stem in half. Apply a thin covering of Fast Grab Tacky Glue® to about 2” along one end of stem then place in center of cardstock leaf. Apply a thin bead of Fast Grab Tacky Glue® to back of fabric leaf, smoothing with fingers, then center on front of leaf and press to secure, sandwiching stem between fabric and paper.
Fabric pieces with Iron-On Fashion Designs™ and ribbon are held in place on pumpkins with pins. Push coordinating color of pins into pumpkin.
Detail pumpkins with 3D Fashion Paint™. Start paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Add stars, triangles, moons and dots in desired colors. Let dry.
- Use small nail to poke a hole in top of pumpkin for leaf, cutting stems as needed. Insert chenille stem in hole, pushing down until base of leaf touches to secure.
Read NextMake Your Own Wand DIY
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.