Easy Skeleton Mittens
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create the perfect costume for your child. Add this knit mittens to the skeleton sweater and you have a whole ensemble. Knitting the costume is a great way to save money and be thrifty this Halloween, from Bernat Yarns. In the blink of an eye socket, you will have cool little gloves for your spooky little someone. Join the skeleton dance with these gloves that will tickle everyone's funny bone. Best of all, you won't have to worry about your child's hands getting cold in the chilly October air.
- Bernat® Berella or Bernat® Super Value-1 ball each of Black and White
- Set of four size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) double-pointed knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
- To fit kid’s palm: 2/4 (6/8) years.
- Width around palm of hand: 5 (6) ins [12.5 (15) cm].
- 19 sts and 25 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
- Alt = Alternate(ing).
- Beg = Beginning.
- Cont = Continue(ity).
- Dec = Decrease(ing).
- Inc = Increase 1 stitch by knitting into front and back of next stitch.
- K = Knit.
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together.
- P = Purl.
- Psso = Pass slipped stitch over.
- Rem = Remaining.
- Rep = Repeat.
- Rnd(s) = Round(s).
- Sl1 = Slip next stitch knitwise.
- St(s) = Stitch(es).
- Tog = Together.
The instructions are written for smaller size. If changes are necessary for larger size the instructions will be written thus ( ). When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes. For ease in working, circle all numbers pertaining to your size.
- **Cuff: With MC, cast on 28 (32) sts. Divide sts onto 3 needles as follows: 9 (11) sts on 1st and 2nd needles. 10 sts on 3rd needle. Join in rnd.
- Work 10 (12) rnds in (K1. P1) ribbing.
- Knit 8 (10) rnds.**
- Shape thumb gusset: 1st rnd: K14 (17). Inc 1 st in each of next 2 sts. Knit to end of rnd.
- 2nd and alt rnds: Knit.
- 3rd rnd: K14 (17). Inc 1 st in next st. K2. Inc 1 st in next st. Knit to end of rnd.
- 5th rnd: K14 (17). Inc 1 st in next st. K4. Inc 1 st in next st. Knit to end of rnd.
- ***Inc 2 sts for thumb gusset, as before on next rnd. 36 (40) sts.
- Next rnd: K14 (17). Slip next 10 sts onto a safety pin. Cast on 2 sts. Knit to end of rnd. 28 (32) sts.
- Cont even in rnds until work from top of ribbing measures 5 (6) ins [12.5 (15) cm].
- Shape top: 1st rnd: K1. Sl1. K1. psso. K8 (10). K2tog. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. Knit to last 3 sts. K2tog. K1.
- 2nd and alt rnds: Knit.
- 3rd rnd: K1. Sl1. K1. psso. K6 (8). K2tog. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. Knit to last 3 sts. K2tog. K1.
- 5th rnd: K1. Sl1. K1. psso. K4 (6). K2tog. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. Knit to last 3 sts. K2tog. K1.
- Cont in same manner, dec 4 sts as before on next and every following alt rnd to 16 sts. Divide sts onto 2 needles. Graft 2 groups of 8 sts tog.
- Make thumb:With MC, K10 from safety pin. Pick up and knit 2 sts at base of thumb. Join in rnd. 12 sts.
- Divide sts evenly onto 3 needles. (4 sts on each needle).
- Knit in rnds for 1¼ (1¾) ins [3 (4.5) cm].
- Next rnd: *K2tog. Rep from * around. Break yarn. Thread end through rem 6 sts. Draw up and fasten securely.***
- Work from ** to ** as given for Right Mitten.
- Shape thumb gusset: 1st rnd: K12 (13). Inc 1 st in each of next 2 sts. Knit to end of rnd.
- 2nd and alt rnds: Purl.
- 3rd rnd: K12 (13). Inc 1 st in next st. K2. Inc 1 st in next st. Knit to end of rnd.
- 5th rnd: K12 (13). Inc 1 st in next st. K4. Inc 1 st in next st. Knit to end of rnd.
- Work from *** to *** as given for Right Mitten.
- With A, embroider bones, using stem stitch and following Chart.
Don't forget to check out our other 31 Halloween Craft Projects. With this collection of Halloween craft ideas, you can find a great Halloween craft project for every day of October.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Elegant Gold Painted White Pumpkins
DIY Halloween Polka Pumpkins
Fabric Yo Yo Pumpkin Craft
Simple Ghost Fabric Earrings
Spooky Straw Printable Labels
Trick or Treat Halloween Wreath
Denim Country Pumpkins
5 Halloween Coloring Pages for Adults free eBook
Easy Halloween Crochet Trio
Easy Tee Shirt Superhero Capes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cross Stitched Apple Earrings
- Granite Stitch Hat and Cowl Set
- Fitted Sheet Corner Anchors
- French Braid Mug Mat
- Watercolor Wash Background Ideas
- DIY Textbook and Notebook Covers
- Free Lettering Worksheeets
- DIY Beach Bag
- Boho Dreamcatcher
- How To Make Die-Cut Watercolor Gift Tags
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home