Creepy Spider Pinata
This creepy spider pinata from I Love to Create will have you crawling up the walls! Fill it with candy or homemade Halloween crafts. Halloween decorations will never be the same!
- Collage Pauge® Instant Decoupage™
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue™
- Black tissue paper
- Cardstock: Black, Hot Pink, White and Lime Green
- Plastic cup
- Plastic tablecloth
- Foam brush
- Black yarn
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
- Blow up one balloon and tie off.
- Rip up pieces of old recycled newspaper.
- Pour out Collage Pauge® Instant Decoupage into a plastic cup.
- Brush on Collage Pauge® to both sides of each strip of newspaper. Immediately place onto balloon. Repeat this step until entire balloon is covered with newspaper. (No less than 3 layers are recommended.)
- Rip up black tissue paper and repeat process covering entire balloon with black tissue.
- Let fully dry.
- Once balloon shell has hardened take a needle and pop the balloon and remove from shell.
- Use pattern provided to cut out eight spider legs. Glue together using Aleene's® Tacky Glue®.
- Cut out eyes, mouth, and fangs from White, Hot Pink, and Lime Green cardstock paper.
- Glue all cardstock pieces onto spider body. (See photo for placement.)
- Once legs are set on spider, apply Collage Pauge® and more ripped black tissue paper over each section to cover up cardstock on the body.
- Let dry.
- Poke two holes into the top of the spider. Use black yarn and weave it through the holes. Tie off at the top.
Read NextMake Your Own Wand DIY
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.