For a no carve alternative, paint a ghostly scene on a real or foam pumpkin. This makes for a great Halloween decoration for inside your house or outside. This is where your creativity really comes into play.
Check out this project and more ideas in 17 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Projects for Halloween!
DecoArt Products Required:
Laurie Speltz's Instant Images
- IIT06 - 3/8 in. Duo Tool
- IIJ07 - Halloween Favorites Journal Template
- IIT07 - 1/4 in. Duo Tool
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA228 - Bright Orange
- DA269 - Foliage Green --- NEW!!
- Permanent ink pens
- Painter's tape
- Artificial or real pumpkin
Base ghost with Snow White. Shade edge with Slate Grey.
Dry brush cheeks with Bright Orange. Add highlight dots with Snow White.
Add eyes with dots of Lamp Black and smaller dots of Snow White.
Base words and bats with Lamp Black. Highlight bats with Snow White. Add eyes with dots of Snow White and then smaller dots of Lamp Black.
Add orange hearts with Bright Orange. Stroke marks are Foliage Green. Add Snow White dots on letters and background.
Background stars are Cadmium Yellow.
Add details on ghost with permanent ink pens.
- Tie raffia bow around stem.
Use painter's tape to hold template in place with pumpkin crevices.
- Refer to template and tool packets for additional information on template and tool usage and techniques.
Read NextClay Halloween Village