Bat and Flower Hair Bow
This Bat and Flower Hair Bow is more cute than spooky, but it sure makes a good Halloween craft idea. Best of all, it's very easy to create. Get inspired this October and make a creepy hair bow that your friends will envy. Felt, craft foam, and a little bit of imagination is all it takes to make your very own Bat and Flower Hair Bow. This Halloween craft project will add an adorable touch to a costume or festive outfit. There's no need to hide when you have bats on your side.
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Sheets
- Aleene’s Super Gel Glue
- Black craft foam
- Inka Gold orange metallic cream
- Barrette base
- Hand-drawn bat template
- Cut 4 different size circles of felt the largest of which will need to be 1/2′ wider than the barrette base. Cut from the outer edge of each circle to toward the center ending 1/2″ from the center.
- Cut points or rounded ends on each petal.
- Cut a strip of felt 3/4″ x 2″. Cut a craft foam bat using your hand-drawn bat template.
- Using your finger, brush a very small amount of metallic paste to the tips of the flowers. Cut strips of the Fabric Fusion sheets to fit in the center of each flower circle, on the back of the bat, on the barrette base and felt strip.
- Stick all the layers together and stick the flower to the barrette base.
- Put the felt strip through the underside of the barrette and stick to the bottom of the flower.
- Add jewel eyes to the bat and you’re ready to wear it!