Quick and Easy Headband
Everyone will love this unique Quick and Easy Headband from Becky Striepe. Made with a man's necktie, this headband is thrifty and fun! Handmade headband ideas make recycling and upcycling your items fashionable and stylish!
- Vintage necktie
- Measuring tape
- Fabric scissors
- 2″ of skinny elastic (I reclaimed a piece from the waistline of a dress that I’m planning to refashion)
- Sewing machine and thread
- Cut the skinny end of your necktie to 21″ long.
- Fold the unfinished edge in by 1/2″ (you can choose to iron here, but I skipped it in the name of speed), and stick 1/4″ of one end of the elastic into that side of the tie. Pin into place.
- On the other end of your tie piece, pin the elastic (about 1/2″ of overlap will do it).
- On the side where you inserted the elastic into the fold, stitch across the opening to close it up and secure the elastic into place. On the end where the elastic overlaps the pointy end of the tie, use the zig zag stitch to sew up and down where the elastic and tie overlap.
- Trim off your excess thread, and you’re ready to accessorize!
Read NextPretty in Pink Pillbox Hat