Green Crafting Tip: Dress Up Wire Hangers
Don't discard old wire hangers; personalize them with ribbon wrapping.
- Make sure to select fabrics and colors that will not bleed onto your clothing as it hangs.
- Cut or rip fabric into narrow strips and hot glue three strips on the wire stem.
- Let glue dry before proceeding.
- Braid the strips over and under the wire, covering it completely as you go.
- After you braid the entire way around, back to the stem, cut the loose ends to size.
- Hot glue the ends in place.