Tissue Box Pendant
Use cold and flu season to your advantage and use empty tissue boxes for your recycled jewelry crafts. A Tissue Box Pendant from Candace Jedrowicz is the perfect addition to any outfit. Make one that is shiny, colorful and full of personality!
- Colorful foiled cardboard
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- 1/8″ Hole punch
- Black felt pen or acrylic paint
- Medium and/or fine grit sandpaper
- Glossy dimensional sealer
- Cut your pendant shape from two fabulous pieces of cardboard.These were cut from a really fun Halloween tissue box.Cut at least 3 other pieces to go between.Punch holes as desired. I punched two holes so I can hang a bangle from the bottom.
- Glue all the pieces together. Use a clip or heavy object to compress while drying. This is important for the sanding of the edges.Be extra careful not to get glue on any foiled surface.Sand the edges smooth.Blacken the edges with felt pen or paint.
- Apply glossy dimensional sealer to all surfaces including edges, allowing to dry in between.Tip: You can use a clothes pin to hold a piece on it’s side while drying.
- Make a simple bail or string onto a cord.
For a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial, check out How to Create a Pendant from a Tissue Box.