Repurposed Magazine Gift Bags
If you're wracking your brain for party favor ideas or searching for tiny present packages, collect a few pretty ads to construct these Repurposed Magazine Gift Bags by Melony Bradley. They're perfect for gifting artisan candies or jewelry.
- Magazine pages
- Paper trimmer
- Paper glue
- Tissue paper (shown in black)
- Scalloped-edge scissors
- Butterfly die cuts
- Block letter stickers
- Rubber stamps of your choice
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or beaded trim for handle
- Small rhinestone decals or sequins
- Choose a full-page magazine ad and cut it down to a square using a paper trimmer. Examples shown are 7x7 inches, but larger squares will yield roomier gift bags.
- Fold the square in half diagonally.
- Fold one corner across the page as shown. Use paper glue to secure the folds if needed.
- Fold the opposite corner in the opposite direction as shown.
- Separate the two corners at the peak and fold them away from each other so that they lie against the outsides of the pouch.
- Squeeze the edges of the pouch together a bit to open the pocket.
- Cut tissue paper into 1x5-inch strips. Wrap it around the top edge of the pouch as shown and glue.
- Trim excess tissue paper.
- Trim edge of pouch with scalloped-edge scissors.
- Cut cardstock into small circles and stamp with design of your choice.
- Glue cardstock circle to center of pouch, and then glue butterfly die cut to center of cardstock circle as shown.
- Adhere rhinestones and block letter stickers to tissue paper trim.
- Punch holes on either side of the pouch and attach a small length of ribbon or beaded trim as a handle.
You can find more projects like this one in our 17 Recycled Handmade Paper Crafts collection!