Recycled Decoupage Luminary Jars
Make everyday Earth Day with Recycled Decoupage Luminary Jars from Melony Bradley. Save old jars, clean them out and decorate the outside with tissue paper and other meaningful images. Display them indoors on a table or outside on a porch in the summertime.
- Grocery bag
- Foam brush
- Aleene's Collage Pauge
- Glass jar
- Vintage encyclopedia paper
- Acrylic paint
- Foam stamp
- Jute or hemp
- Optional: Heart or clover-shaped punches
- The luminaries were created by tearing a brown grocery bag into small pieces and using a foam brush and Aleene's Collage Pauge to layer the pieces over the glass until the glass is covered. Be careful not to layer too heavily, you want to see the pretty candle glow peeking through.
- I used vintage encyclopedia paper and wrapped it around the center of the jar. I used acrylic paint to stamp over the paper using large foam stamp motifs accented by smaller butterflies, circles, etc. Simple jute or black hemp makes an easy accent to complete this rustic look.
- If you want to something a little more festive for St Pat's Day, try using heart shaped punches to create cardstock clovers. Marvy Uchida makes a great variety of these in all shapes and sizes.
- Layer festive colors of tissue paper over the dark green clovers using the collage pauge. This would be a great project to do with kids and a terrific way to celebrate St Patricks Day!
Read NextMilk Jug First Aid Kit