Pizza Box Wall Art
Crafts from recycled materials can look good and light up a room! One example of this idea is Pizza Box Wall Art from Heidi Borchers. Decorate your space by repurposing an old pizza box. It's a great way to help the environment!
- Pizza box (or any flat type box) under 12”
- Scrapbooking paper 12” x 12” (use wrapping paper if over 12”)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Aleene’s Crystal Clear Tacky Spray (or the new Aleene’s Tacky Tape runner)
- Rubber bands
- Embellishments – buttons, marbles, letters, jewelry, painted tissue paper…and any odds n ends you have
- Clean the inside of the pizza box.
- Using the Aleene’s Tacky glue, glue all of the flaps down.
- Place rubber bands onto the box to help hold while glue dries.Remove rubber bands.
- Measure top of box. Draw the measurement on wrong side of paper.
- Using the stylus. Lightly score on the pencil lines.
- Carefully fold on the scored lines.
- Spray the wrong side of the paper with the Aleene’s Tacky spray, or use the Aleene’s Tacky Tape runner on all edges that will touch box.
- Carefully line the paper up with the box and press into place.
- Measure and cut the sides, repeat spray glue steps.
- The final side will have flaps. Cut the paper according to cover the flaps. This will be the bottom of the canvas, to hang items from.
- Layout the pieces the way you want them first before gluing. Then glue each piece into place using the Aleene’s Tacky Glue.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make Wall Art from a Pizza Box.