How to Make an Eye Mask from a Tee Shirt
Catch some zzz's with your favorite tee! You can make this easy eye mask from Savannah Starr using an old shirt. Old t-shirt crafts like this are perfect for helping to clean out your closet and make great little gifts for bridal and baby showers!
- Cardboard (cereal box)
- Poster Board
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Tracing Pencil
- Sewing Machine & Thread
- Aleene’s Peel and Stick Sheets
- Scotch Tape
- Sequins by the yard
- Trace patterns onto poster board.
- Cut along pattern line.
- Cut a piece of felt and glue onto poster board.
- Cut a piece of T-shirt 1/2" larger than eye mask pattern.
- Trace around poster board.
- Cut up to line in 1/2" intervals.
- Place poster board felt side down on T-shirt.
- Apply glue along edge.
- Press cut edges of t-shirt into the glue.
- Measure elastic to fit your head and stitch into place.
- Apply peel and stick adhesive sheets to the back of the t-shirt material.
- Trace around eye mask pattern.
- Cut approximately 1/4" inside pattern line.
- Peel back 1/4" of paper backing.
- Adhere to the inside of mask.
- Make narrow tip on bottle with tape.
- Apply thin line of glue along the edge.
- Lay sequins into the glue line.
- Cut the sequins where ends meet.
- Lay pattern over eye mask to mark rhinestone gluing lines.
- Apply glue following pattern lines.
- Apply rhinestones with tweezers.